Coming Early 2018!
The Helpers Organization Homeless Prevention Support Services Program is an eviction prevention program to assist low-income residents who are currently in arrears in rent or mortgage. It is designed to help prevent incidence of homelessness throughout Hampton Roads.
Services provided to eligible voucher holders include, but are not limited to:
- Housing advocacy
- Emergency grant assistance
- (approved on case by case basis, $100 towards rent or $75 towards a past due utility) See Policy
- Financial counseling
- Mediation with landlords
- Mediation with government agencies
- Applying for Entitlements (such as; SSI, SSDI, Child Support, State Benefits)
- Necessary Supplies as:
- Bus Tickets
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Employment Referrals
- Clothing Closest
- $25 Grocery Card (approved on a case by case basis)