Seeking Volunteer Positions
For internship opportunities, CLICK HERE.
Director of Development (Senior Staff Position)
Reporting to the President/CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as The Helpers Organization continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
Time Needed for Job: 15 hours per week (work can be done remotely)
- Develop and execute The Helpers Organization’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Donor Database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
Volunteer Coordinator (Senior Staff Position)
Reports to the CEO and COO. Volunteer Coordinator oversees day to day volunteer activities, including, but not limited to the coordination of volunteer department assignments, monthly schedules, recruitment, and orientations.
Time Needed for Job: 10 Hours per Week (work can be done remotely)
- Facilitate volunteer recruitment process including monitoring of designated e-mail account
- Conduct volunteer interviews
- Coordinate orientation and volunteer department assignments
- Maintain personal files or all volunteers (active and inactive)
- Maintain regular contact with volunteers assigned THO supervision performance based on feedback.
- Communicate performance related concerns to the Volunteer Services Chair for direction when needed
- Coordinate ongoing training
- Monitor efficiency of Volunteer Orientations and troubleshoot under President/CEO or COO discretion
- Ensure that special events and fundraisers are covered by volunteers
*Note: You can pick and choose which you’d like to work under.
- Prepare Meals (Lunch on Us)
- Work Events (Community Events)
- Office Support (Office Administration)
- Executive Administration
- Marketing Assistance (Newsletter Writer, Media Publications, Special Events, Graphic Design)
- Research Assistant
- Community Liaison (Making Community Connections & Organization Awareness)